Please Be Advised
Some links may lead you off the Levittown Public Schools Web site. While we have provided certain sites that we think will be of interest to you, you should know before proceeding that these sites are not endorsed by us, may not treat your personal information responsibly, and may have changed since we reviewed them for appropriateness. Once you decide to proceed, please surf safely.
The Special Education Department is happy to post a number of informational websites and hopes that you will find them helpful.
- Don Johnston (Disability Products for Adults and Children)
- Assistive Technology: Accessible Products for Communication & Education
Provides with learning, communication and access difficulties lead more independent and productive lives. Find a wealth of information about their latest assistive technology products.
- National Library, Blind & Physically Handicapped
- Recordings for the Blind & Dyslexic
- Center for Applied Special Technology
- Equal Access to Software & information
Attention Deficit Disorder
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD)
ADD Warehouse (PUBLICATIONS)
300 Northwest 70th Avenue
Plantation, Fl 33317
- National Attention Deficit Disorder Association
- Children and Adults with ADD (C.H.A.D.D.)
- Allergy Induced Autism
- Auditory Integration Training & Facilitated Communication for Autism
From the American Academy of Pediatrics: reviews the basis for two new therapies for autism-auditory integration training and facilitative communication.
- Autism - PDD Resources Network
There is a growing awareness of the nature of autism and the kinds of approaches to diagnosis, treatment that can be effective in meeting the needs of autistic individuals and their families. The purpose of this site is to guide you to the key issues associated with spectrum disorders.
- Autism Resources All States
Extensive list of resources broken down by state with an interactive map
- Autism Society of America (ASA)
- Yale Child Study Center Autism/PDD
- New York Autism Network
- Autism Research Institute (Dr. Bernard Rimland)
- Autism and Brain Development Research Lab
- Aspergers Disorder Homepage
- Online Aspergers Syndrome Information & Support (O.A.S.I.S)
- American Council for The Blind
- American Foundation for The Blind
- Helen Keller Services for The Blind
- National Library Services for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
A talking search engine that returns search results that are read audibly to the user by title and description
- Alternative Therapies for Children with Brain Injury & Development Disorders
Conceived as a clearinghouse for use by those concerned with finding and evaluating methodologies and treatment for brain-injured children. It is based on the belief that the brain along with the body as a whole is an ever-changing, dynamic, active organ striving for adaptation and capable of healing.
- National Association for the Deaf
- America Speech Language Hearin
- National Institute on Deafness & Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
- National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS)
NDSS was established in 1979 to ensure that all people with Down Syndrome have the opportunity to achieve their full potential in community life. Since that time, this not-for-profit organization has become the largest non-governmental supporter of Down Syndrome Research in the United States.
- National Down Syndrome Congress (NDSC)
- National Association for Down Syndrome (NADS)
- Association for the Children with Down Syndrome
- Down Syndrome: Health Issues
- Down Syndrome Online
- Down Syndrome for New Parents
- Waisman Center
- Families Education Network
- Parent to Parent of NY State
- Parents Helping Parents
- Exceptional Parent
- NY State Education Dept
- National Council on Disabilities
- National Institute of Child Health and Human development
- Americans with Disabilities Act US Dept of Justice ADA Homepage
- YAI National Institute for People with Disabilities
YAI is an award winning nationally acclaimed network of not-for-profit health and human services agencies dedicated to building brighter futures for people with disabilities of all ages and their families. YAI serves individual families and communities. Located in New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Orange and Sullivan Counties within New York State.
National Information Center for Children and Youth with Handicaps (NICHCY)
PO Box 1492
Washington, DC 20013
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- Information on Learning Disabilities
- LD Resources: Resources for People with LD
- Parents of Gifted/Learning Disabled Children
- Medicare and Mental Health Services
- Medicare and Your Mental Health Benefits
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Mental Health Association of NY State
- Internet Mental Health
- Tourette Syndrome Association
TSA is a national non-profit voluntary health organization with 54 chapters in the USA and over 30 contacts in other countries. Members include people with TS, their relatives and other interested, concerned supporters. National TSA remains the primary source of accurate and up-to date information about TS, its treatment, and relevant scientific research and consumer services.
- ABA Center on Children and the Law
Improving children's lives through advances in law, justice, knowledge, practice and public policy.
- Association of Birth Defect Children
- Behavior Analysis Internet Resources
Center for Law and Education
The Center for Law and Education (CLE) strives to make the right of all students to quality education a reality throughout the nation and to help enable communities to address their own public education problems effectively with an emphasis on assistance to low income students and communities.
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Different Roads to Learning
Different Roads to Learning is an on-line catalog specializing in learning materials and playthings for children with development delays and challenges. This catalog puts together educational toys and materials that stimulate the skills leading to speech and language for challenged children ages 2-10.
- Disability Information and Resources
- Eric Clearinghouse on Disabilities & Gifted Education
- Federation for Children with Special Needs
- IEP Process Online
- Information on Advocacy
- Internet Resources for Special Children (IRSC)
Dedicated to communicating information to the needs of children with disabilities on a global basis. Valuable information for parents, family members, caregivers, friends, educators and medical professionals.
- March of Dimes
- Roads to Learning the Public Libraries Learning Disabilities Initiative
- United Cerebral Palsy (UCP)