Welcome to an Hour of Code at WISDOM LANE!!!!
WHAT IS IT?
The Hour of Code is a global movement reaching millions of students in 180+ countries during Computer Science week December 4th-15th. The Hour of Code introduces students to the basics of computer science. Computer science is used to write apps for phones, creating animated movies, working on social media, building robots and so much more.
WHEN AND WHERE?
The challenge is for you to complete one hour of code at Wisdom Lane, during Computer Science Week, December 4th-15th. You may use the computers in room 325, 323 and the library, before and after school, you may also use the library and lab 325 computers during lunch periods or work study periods.
FIRST, watch the video, click on link below.
(you will need headphones from lab supervisor or use your own earbuds, and adjust computer audio volume).
Please sign in when going on to the computers in all locations.
YOU ARE NOW READY TO WATCH THE VIDEO AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO MOVE TO THE NEXT STEP:
NOW TO BEGIN CODING! CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINKS AND FOLLOW THE SITE DIRECTIONS. Have Fun!!!!
- Code.org - The Hour of Code For All Ages - All Levels
- Tynker - All Levels Beginner to Advanced
- Code Combat - Ages 9 and Up: Play a real game and learn on the way
- Grok Learning - Python programming. Start at "Suitable for Grades 3-12." Pick a fun activity and get started
- Code Academy - Animate your name!
- KHAN ACADEMY - More advanced
- Symbaloo - All Levels