Labor force analysts predict that most of the jobs in demand over the next decade will require a business background, as well as a general knowledge of computers and technology. Students who pursue a two or four-year college degree will find their high school business courses to be an asset.
The Business Department in Levittown Public Schools offers courses designed to meet a variety of student interests and needs and to introduce students to this rapidly growing area, which begins with the Computer Literacy program at the middle schools. This class provides students with a basic understanding of computer and technology skills needed in middle school, high school and beyond. Students will understand the value of keyboarding skills, computer and social media ethnics, computer programming and coding, learn software applications and understand how to use the Internet safely.
Subsequent business courses at the high school level are designed to achieve the following:
- Prepare students with the necessary communication skills required to be a success in the workforce.
- Prepare students for entry-level positions in today's labor market.
- Prepare students for further study in business at the post-secondary level.
- Offer to all students a vast array of elective subjects that appeal to their personal and professional interests.
- Establish career awareness in all business courses.
- Teach students to use the latest technology and software.