Best Math Resources For Fourth - Fifth Grade
This list was the product of an Independent Study Group through the Levittown Teacher's Center. The sites were chosen and organized by a group of Gardiners Avenue Teachers and Teaching Assistants.
Number Sense and Operations:
- Diffy - Solve puzzle involving the differences of given numbers
- Factor Tree - Factor numbers using a tree diagram
- Product Game - Skill with factors and multiples
- Fractions - Adding - Shows what it means to find a common denominator & combine
- Fractions - This program will make the students stronger in their conceptual understanding, basic skills, and problem solving abilities.
- Fractions - Concentration
- Math Calculations - Math training, math games and math without a calculator. Note: Student cannot see the answer s/he types in.
- Math Hoops -Solve 5 word problems and then shoot hoops. Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
Variables, equations and expressions
Patterns, relations and functions
- Number Patterns - Discover the pattern and complete a sequence of numbers
- Attribute Trains - Shape and color patterns by completing trains of blocks
Line, line relationships and angles
Linear, capacity, mass
- Money -Learn about money by counting and making change
- Money- This program will make the students stronger in their conceptual understanding, basic skills, and problem solving abilities.
- Time - Match Clocks-show a given time on digital and analog clocks
- Time - What Time Will It Be? - Indicate what time it will be before or after the given time
- Time - Telling time/elapsed time
- Measurement - good for practicing to the nearest 1/8 inch. (Note: calculates measuring to the nearest 1/8 instead of the nearest 1/10 cm.)
- Peg Puzzle - Move the pegs on the left past the pegs on the right
- Towers of Hanoi - Solve the tower problem and vary the number of disks
- Logic Games - Sharpen critical thinking and problem solving skills - Tetris, Simon, etc.
- Circle 0 - adding positive and negative integers to sum zero
- Circle 21 - adding positive and negative integers to sum to twenty-one
- Color Chips - Addition - Use color chips to illustrate addition of integers
- Fill and Pour - Solve puzzles requiring you to fill and pour containers
Math Online Resources:
Resource for math practice and testing
Integers: Arithmetic, Inequality, Exponents, Algebra and Calculus
Fractions: Identify, Arithmetic, Inequality, Reduce and Probability
Concepts: Time, Money, Measure, Place value and Graphs
Geometry: Triangles, Shapes, Geometry, Points, Angles
Rainforest Math - Interactive math activities
Go to Main Menu, choose your grade and select the math concept you want to work on.
Numbers: Place value, Ordering, Rounding, Operations and Calculation & Fractions
Algebra: Patterns, Functions, Equivalence, and Equations
Measurement: Length, Area, Volume, Capacity, Mass and Time
Space: Shapes and Position
Chance : Probability
Quality is important to us! If any links are
no longer working, please contact:
Thank you for your understanding.