Best Science Resources For Fourth - Fifth Grade
This list was the product of an Independent Study Group through the Levittown Teacher's Center. The sites were chosen and organized by a group of Gardiners Avenue Teachers and Teaching Assistants.
- Life Science Connections: Travel and explore with Safari Sally. Learn about different animal kingdoms and then you can take a quiz about the area you learned.
- Vertebrates and Invertebrates: Vocabulary matching game
- Animal Classification Game: True or False
- The Frog Tracker: Lets you listen to the calls of different North American frogs.
- Information on different ecosystems.
- This United Kingdom-based site includes information on all kinds of animals from elephants and wolves in the wild to hamsters and goldfish in your house
- The Great Plant Escape: Introduces students to plant science and increases their understanding of how foods grow.
- Identify Flower Parts: Different activities about parts of the flower.
- Plant Parts: Who Wants to be a Millionaire Game
- Plant Parts Quiz
- Helping Plants Grow Game
- Inside Earthquakes
- Geology/Rock Matching Game
- Detailed Picture of the Earth's Interior
- Find Constellations in the Night Sky (very kid friendly)
Oceans and Life:
- Sea Monsters: How much do you know about these big bullies of the ocean? Test your smarts with this brainteaser!
- The Living Oceans: Identify sea life in the three major biospheres of the sea: coral reef, continental shelf, and deep sea (*many other games*)
- This website contains facts and information, photos, classroom activities and investigations, online games, and downloadable worksheets and puzzles.
- Mass, Force and Acceleration
- Harcourt School - Impact of baseball & bat - Grade 5 - Chapter 19
- Motion and Forces
- Harcourt School - Electro-Magnets
- Harcourt School - Magnets and Compasses - Grade 5 - Chapter 18
- Magnet Million Game
Matter and Energy:
Pollution, Recycling and Conservation:
- Puzzle: Manipulate pieces on a recycle theme.
- Alternative renewable energy sources - click on environmental videos, click on "alternative energy."
- Travel to Recycle City. There's lots to do here - people and places to visit and plenty of ways to explore how the city's residents recycle, reduce, and reuse waste.
- The Recycling Patrol: Have you ever wondered how much your class throws away in a month or a year? Do you think that anything you and your classmates throw away can be recycled? Students enter different websites to track amounts of garbage and then fill out a chart to track their information.
Quality is important to us! If any links areno longer working, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your understanding!