Working Paper Certificates

Working papers are required for students under 18 years of age for all employment and many kinds of volunteer work. It is a simple, fast procedure during the school year. The student just needs to see the school nurse to make the necessary arrangements. Urge your child not to wait until he/she gets a job to arrange for working papers. The student who is prepared with valid working papers and a social security number is in a better position to get the job than the person who isn't. This is particularly true during the summer when schools are closed and working papers are issued on a limited schedule. Your school nurse has the information. Check with the nurse for information or assistance concerning immunizations, working papers, community resources, etc. Student work experience should not interfere with their schooling or homework. The district will aggressively seek the enforcement of child labor laws with respect to students and employers.