Wisdom Lane Guidance Department
Guidance Secretary - Lisa Psinakis
School Phone: (516) 434-7310
The Wisdom Lane Guidance and Counseling Department is here to help. We work with students, parents and teachers to develop specific plans when a child is in need of assistance.
Students are encouraged to stop by the Guidance and Counseling Office during their lunch period or work study. If there is a situation that requires immediate attention, students should speak with their teacher and request a pass to see their school counselor.
School Counselors Help Students In the Following Ways
- Removing barriers to academic achievement
- Supporting social/emotional development
- Guiding high school and career readiness
School Counselors Use The Following Tools To Help Students
- Small group counseling
- Individual counseling
- School counseling core curriculum lessons
School counselors are an integral part of the student support team. We help students in the areas of academic achievement, personal/social development and career development. Our goal in providing many different types of support is that our students will become productive, resilient, well-adjusted adults in the future.
If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Guidance and Counseling Department.
Did You Know?
- If a student is absent from school for more than one day, a parent may call Guidance early on the morning of the 2nd consecutive day out to arrange for homework.
- If you are planning to move out of the school district, it is wise to notify Guidance as early as possible to arrange for records to be sent ahead of time. (This makes for a much easier transition for the student)
- If you have a change in phone number or address, please call the Guidance office so that we can update our records.